Bend that knee

One guy's ongoing discussion with his left knee

Saturday, August 06, 2005

the light reappears

Well, yesterday the light nearly extinguished. Today, might have found some oxygen (well, it might just be the roxycotin :) Extension was down to 4 after the JAS brace and a little overpressure. Flexion was back to 90 on the wall slides. Steadman stopped in and said my extension was looking better than before the injection, but sharing yesterday's 67 [too bad that's not a golf score], he said he'd see me Tuesday and then consider an manipulation and insufflation on Wednesday. Good or bad news? Hard to say, but if that's what's needed to move the knee along, then it's an easy choice.

I think I've tried to condition myself with the JAS brace - Lissa can probably tell you the technical term, but in addition to associating the JAS with pain, I've also read the Harry Potter book solely during the times I'm in the brace (or in the GameReady). Maybe that's conditioning myself to not have a much pain due to focus on something that is not painful? And does that mean that I associate Harry Potter with pain or pain with Harry Potter? Hmmm. Maybe I should rethink that.

Details
Bike, wall slides, mobs, and quad sets. Steadman was down talking to another patient, and then left. Feared slightly he wasn't returning, but he did [Kim didn't even mention me - thought for a bit she might have prompted him, but he continues to demonstrate why he's a great person, not just a great doctor]. When I asked, he said he wasn't ready to sit on it yet. Pushed on the leg and the kneecap as he normally does - good patella mobility, and extension better than before the injection. Shared that pain was in tendon and medial regions. Said as above, and glad to hear I had an office appointment on Tues for a follow-up. Kim mentioned that not many folks have manipulations/insufflations with Steadman, but I continue to demonstrate that I'm special.

8 lb weight with prone hangs, and then ankle raises, bridges 3x15 with peanut, and then hamstring rolls. JAS at 5 setting, and then 20 minutes of GameReady.

Afternoon
Bike, wall slides (to 90 degrees, woohoo). Quad sets, bridges with peanut and hamstring rolls, mobilizations, hamstring stretches with band, JAS at 6 with decent pain on tendon, and GameReady for 20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home