Bend that knee

One guy's ongoing discussion with his left knee

Thursday, July 28, 2005

ing Aaooo-uuu-cchhh

Remember that scene in E.T? Where Elliot hurts his finger, says ouch, and then E.T repeats it? Today probably hurt more than that. Tough morning again - started with wall slides, hit the bike, did some patella mobs, stretched my hamstring while on my back, did some quad sets and then Steady stopped by while I was in the middle of a set. Share the JAS challenges from yesterday, and he said, "Keep working at it..." Walked back over a second or two later and asked if I was ready for him to sit on it. "Not yet - I'll let Luke try first." Tried the JAS again, but no real luck. Dirk finish up by massaging the back of my knee and then icing for 20 minutes. A short morning overall.

This afternoon went a little better, bike, mobs, wall slides (although pretty stiff, probably barely got to 100), and then I did a quad set with a sponge ball under my knee to provide some support. Did the hamstring stretch again. Actually managed to hang on for 20 minutes in the JAS brace - one spot on the back inside of my knee was driving me crazy. Dirk then massaged the back of my knee around that spot, spent some time on my superpatella (below the quad) and also stretched my IT band (runs along the outside of your leg)

He suggested that bike some tonight and showed Lissa how to do patella mobilizations as well. He also suggested I take pain medication while there. Different than suggested by Steadman and Rae, his assistant. Tough call, this one. I'll probably have some additional conversations before I try, becuase one of the risks of arthofobrosis is additional motion beyond a normal pain may cause additional generation of scar tissue. Just another in the long lines of decisions about the knee.

You may remember the other line in ET by ET with "ouch." When ET is leaving and Elliot is crying, ET points at Elliot's heart and says "ouch?". Lissa's leaving this weekend and that's certainly an ouch. I can certainly manage, though. She's pretty much put her life on hold a couple times since this injury to help me, and I love her very much. I'm a lucky guy - thanks for everything. Including the Coke-Cherry Slurpee this afternoon.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry it was hurting so much... glad you're past most of the pain... the lissa part is very cute!!

 
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His ball stays in the trees maybe in Akron and he chips out and hits a wedge on the green and he wins that tournament. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry uk[/url] Dialogue is clean and clear throughout and we had no problems with dropouts or distortions during regular playback.. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose down coat[/url] Hkefxsovj
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora charm[/url] Mzklbhdyr http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com lfkkzvhjy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home