Bend that knee

One guy's ongoing discussion with his left knee

Thursday, August 04, 2005

No procedure yet

Nothing too exciting today. Steadman did a drive-by for his Thursday visit, and said to keep working on getting the knee straight. It's hard to not want more sage advice from the oracle, but in some ways, there's nothing to say but keep working. Still focusing almost solely on extension. Morning and afternoon sessions were similar to the past couple days - bike, mobes, general strtching, quad sets with overpressure. I didn't seem quite a tired or quite as painful as yesterday - hopefully that's a trend. Tried 15 minutes of quad sets with electrical stimluation this morning. Still couldn't pull out a straight leg raise at the end. 20 x10 seconds of ball bridges. 30 minutes on the JAS at 7 and then ice.

Afternoon. Overslept. Just conked out in between sessions - yesterday they caught me with the Harry Potter book open, my head tilted up and eyes and head wobbling. Happened at a therapy session back in Austin, and I'm glad neither group put my hand in warm water. Hit the bike when I finally made it, mobs, prone knee massage, 5 minutes of quad sets, and a little stretching, then GameReady. I actually started with the JAS right after the bike and before everything else - I was pleased that then leg still stretched quite a bit. I didn't put it back in the CPM after the morning session, though, so I cheated a little.

But I forgot to take my drugs and the pain (5 hours after taking them in the morning) was not bad at all. Hope that trend continues as well!

Oh, and my folks decided to fly in - after going round about coming out for the potential procedure, they found some decent tickets and decided to visit for the weekend. They are like the two word entry for Earth in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Mostly Harmless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home