Bend that knee

One guy's ongoing discussion with his left knee

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Listening for the horn

The hardest part when you head into the tunnel is wondering how long the tunnel is. The only decisions are really how fast to push as you go through. And finally, light. Is it the light at the end of the tunnel, or a train? :) Only way is the conductor wildly honking the horn - ya just hope it's loud enough that you can here. Or in my case, at least Steadman and the PT's are listening as well :)

Feeling pretty good today - probably because I took roxycodonen before therapy today with Zach. Lissa says it has street value. Helped the pain some, but not a lot on the flexion side. Started with the bike, did some wall slides, with the pain still hammering right below my kneecap where the fat pad and buras are. Did some patella mobs. Zach then had my legs hang over the side of the table like a 5 year old in a chair that's oo big for them. He slowly moved my leg back and forth, first up towards extention to about the middle of my range for a couple minutes, and then from the middle of my range into flexion. We then tried the ball roll with my feet on a exercise ball as he rolled it towards me, and then he just held my knee and slowly bent it. Hanging off the side of the edge again, he was able to bend it to around 93 degrees - it was 70 just lying there by itself. Certainly not as good as last week, but still above 90.

Hamstring stretches, some massaging of the back of the knee, and then prone hangs where he actually pulled my leg down a bit. He also was the first person here to apply overpressure directly over the knee. One hang pushing just below the knee and one just above, and he slightly bounced as well. He said this was instead of the JAS brace. Finished with 20 minutes of GameReady ice, which I was able to tolerate pretty easily. Checking my swelling, we're at 17 at knee cap, just under 17 inches 2 inches above, and 15.5 two inches below.

Slurpee count will probably decrease dramatically, as it's tough to hold a Slurpee with crutches. Maybe I'll find kind souls who will buy me Slurpees just like people buy underage kids beer.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web site, as i want enjoyment, as
this this web site conations genuinely nice funny information too.


my blog; pirater Un Compte facebook

 

Post a Comment

<< Home