Bend that knee

One guy's ongoing discussion with his left knee

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Rough afternoon

Luke actually said he was going to take it easy on me this afternoon, and work mostly flexion since this morning was tough. Started with wall slides and hit 108, and then did some patella mobs, and the kneecap was pretty sore, and was at around 12. Hit the bike, and managed to get the setting down to 21, and then shifted further away and rode relatively smoothly for a bit. Then used the ball with my left foot on it and rolled myself into flexion easily.

Challenges continued when I got back into the Jobst boot. The air compression likely straighten my leg a bit, and that was pretty painful; Luke actually pulled it off after watching me grimace for a bit. "I'm all for pushing it, mate, but I'm not a masochist." We then did 20 minutes on GameReady, but without much compression. Didn't even try the JAS brace.

My leg was pretty bruised in a couple places, from all the work. Luke said I should only come once on Sunday (whohoo) and only do mobs and ice/CPM tonight to let it relax. We're been pushing it pretty hard over the last week, and it's probably started talking. Not too suprising to have a setback, it's always unknown what and when they might occur. We'll see how it goes. Besides, we stopped for another Slurpee.

My future sister-in-law (why is it in-law - did they think people won't acknowledge the family of their spouse, so they have to indicate it's by law?) sent us pizza tonight! Cheese as always for Lissa and green peppers and pineapples (why pineapples - not apples, don't grow on pine trees?) for me. Thanks Becca!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home