Bend that knee

One guy's ongoing discussion with his left knee

Friday, June 03, 2005

Poppin' and drugs

Still didn't make it to the gym yesterday. Physical theraphy this morning either. Knee actually feels a little limber, ironically. Not much pain, but I can 'pop' the outside of the knee on some mornings. This seems to create some looseness in the knee (probably need a better word there, but maximum verbosity isn't on today). I can't seem to tell over time if therapy has been helping or not. I can't seem to get any additional flexion or extension afterwards. I'm considering just trying the drugs to see how that works. The pain med doc doesn't seem concerned at all about addicition at the dosage I'm at at once a day. He actually had an interesting point, it's not addicition to be concerned about, it's dependency. Assuming that means it's ok to go on something as long as you can wean yourself back off. I'd didn't take a neurotin at therapy on Wed. Huh, just now wondered if taking that only with therapy is actually helping or just flowing through my body like a piece of gum, since I'm not taking it 3 times a days, I might not get the benefit. But since none of the doctors have mentioned it either way, who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home