Bend that knee

One guy's ongoing discussion with his left knee

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Movin' along

Hit the first PT session of Saturday - Luke had me come in a little earlier to try and match Steady's time and that worked well. Worried about swelling since that's been a big problem, and he said that was normal for now. Also said the incision for the medial capsular release can help drain, although I haven't seen anything yet. He asked how the JAS brace was working, and I said I didn't have any significant pain, just stretching along the back of the knee. He said that was good, and he didn't do a lateral capsular release, holding that in reserve (I assume that means since the soft tissue wasn't loose enough to straighten, doing that wouldn't help. Once the tissue stretches, he could do that later if I wanted to all this again) He did press on my kneecap (not sure why, actually). He also mentioned that 10-113 is pretty good, much better than before, enough to live with, but that's "not where we want you". Depending on how things go on extension, either "we'll have that lady over there sit on your knee, Luke sit on your knee, or I'll sit on your knee". Overall, good to see him and get some feedback, but nothing significant to change the protocol.

As for exercises, a little slow this morning, started with wall slides, then to the bike, then to hyperextension/litte flexion. Put my heels on a small ball and lifted my behind, known as a bridge. Did 30 quad sets, sat in the JAS brace for 30 minutes (that was a little tight today, I actually backed it off about 20 minutes it, but it was more pressure than yesterday the entire time). And finished with elevated ice with the Gameready. Felt a little sore on the knee, but probably expected after this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home