Bend that knee

One guy's ongoing discussion with his left knee

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Wakey, wakey

So I awoke this time at 12:20, remember looking at the clock. Folks were doing various things, and I vagely remember Lissa coming in the room. After a bit, I sat up and moved over to a chair. I think both Jane and Michelle were helping me move around a bit with the crutches. I think that was around 2 or so that I moved to the chair. Jill, who came up from PT, started to walk through 5 different exercises (patela mobs, ankle pumps, quad sets, band stretch, and seating flexion raises) and Steadman stopped by with Dr. Stubbs. He said hi, and repeated the procedures, I think. I asked him if he had any quick thoughts, and he said again, "It was bad". Jill finished describing the exercises and then was enthralled by our Jack-in-the-Box antenna balls (there's a longer story there about how they were used in our engagement that I might post later sometime)

I had some ice chips, crackers and graham crackers and sat up in the chair. Jason came by with the CPM around 1:30, and set me up with that and someone else hooked up an autocold unit of some sort that didn't need ice, it wasn't a cooler, although I had one of those later. Jenner at one point ha to find my foot pulse becuase I'm good at hiding it. That's most of my afternoon. Really had no pain during this time. I was told not to put any weight on the leg, as I wouldn't feel any pain due to the femoral block. They also gave me an ani-biotic and tolurine?, an anti-inflammatory through the IV, and plugged another full bag of fluids for my third of the day right after surgery...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home