Bend that knee

One guy's ongoing discussion with his left knee

Friday, June 24, 2005

Too EARLY

PT this morning @ 7 am, since they were slow during that time and I wanted to spend some time with Angela to talk about the upcoming surgery [Another plug: Folks at Elite Phyiscal Therapy are awesome. If you ever have anything wrong with you, head there. You hang onto this when you find someone in the health industry who cares about your problem after you've left their office]

But Lissa had a workout session at 5:30 and due to my inability to drive, I went with her. That's early. A ok day in therapy - no huge pain, but I didn't try a full revolution on the first time on the bike, and even after the table and hands-on work, I couldn't get around. On the table, my knee felt a little more painful and I had some pain below the knee cap, so I didn't push much further. Ran 10 minutes though! Hadn't done that in a while and it felt pretty good, although I had similiar pain as on the table to start.

Angela's main question was similar to mine - what is Steadman going to do that's different to fix the knee. She mentioned a tendonoscopy?, where they make cuts in the tendon to allow greater flexibility. Evidently, that area is called no mans land becuase there's a lot of blood vessels back there. She also mentioned she's see research in shoulders around scar tissue where the doctor (I think I heard this right) cauterizes blood vessels around the area so the blood doesn't flow as much so the tissue doesn't grow as fast. She also wanted to know any specific procedures Steadman had for PT that would keep arthofibrosis from returning.

We'll see how it goes. Oh, and she also said stairs after surgery ould probably be tough. Although I probably knew that. We're probably going to start looking outside of Vail for a place. 1 minute is about the same as 15 - the hard part is getting in the car, not sitting in it -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home